Thursday, August 5, 2010

India - Day One


Ah, thank goodness for coffee!



Arrived in India on Wednesday morning at 7:00 a.m local time.  Our driver brought us to the Imperial Hotel, which is beautiful.  Brunch was followed by a nap for me.  Traveling for 24 hours, including more than 18 hours in coach with my knees jammed against the seat in front of me, was a bit much for me.  Call me spoiled, but I miss my First Class international flights.  Ken fits in those seats better and sleeps on cue.  Lucky for him.

Done in by the trip.
We visited the Phoenix hospital in the afternoon and met with Dr. Shivani for the first time.  After a couple of hours at the hospital (yes, in India just as in the US a five minute appointment with a doctor includes two hours in a waiting room cooling your heels) we then met with lawyer to review the legal documents.  All went smoothly and everyone was very helpful.  The hospital was quite busy, including Indians, Australians (two gay couples starting the surrogacy process as well), and others.

In the waiting room at the hospital.
After the hospital we went to a market to check out a tailor recommended by a friend.  I was fitted for tailored shirts and slacks.  Might as well be as productive as possible while we're here, right?  The evening concluded with cocktails and dinner at the hotel.
"Just pretend like I know what I'm doing . . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment